Wise-pay allows you to control surcharges by card type, together with flexible options for where to record the surcharges revenues, and even allocation of payment to account by card type.
To configure credit card surcharges, follow these steps:
- Click Configure > Merchant > Edit > Card Details / Surcharges
- Click Accept Payment checkbox, for each card type that you want to accept payments for through Wise-Pay
- If you wish to charge a fixed fee per transaction, specify it in the Transaction Charge field for each supported credit card.
- If you wish to charge a surcharge as a percentage of the whole transaction amount, specify it in the Surcharge field for each supported credit card.
- Set the Surcharge Account for the surcharge revenues to be posted into
- Set the Surcharge Tax Code which will be applied to the transaction. This is the tax rate that would be applied to 'service' charges. Generally, these are charged when services are taxable.
- Optional: Set the Override Payment Account if you would like Wise-Pay to allocate the payment to a separate clearing account. This is recommended to allow you to settle the bulk payments into the clearing account.
- Click Save
This table (of payment card types) is loaded from your provider, so if your provider (ie. Stripe) offers Visa and Mastercard, this is all that you will see in the list.